4hrs from LON
The region known as Cappadocia is a spectacular area of otherworldly rock formations, subterranean churches and underground dwellings, the scale of which is over-whelming. There are an estimated 3000 rock churches in this region, some of which are open to the public. People have long utilised the region’s soft stone, seeking shelter underground and leaving the countryside scattered with fascinating troglodyte-style architecture. The village of Göreme itself is at the heart of the area’s tourist industry, and many of its villagers still live in cave dwellings. Whether you’re enticed here by the unique accommodation or the history, it’s the lunar-like landscapes that you’ll remember. The area is also famous for its carpet-weaving, wines and the distinctive red pottery of the Avanos area.
- Take a hot air balloon flight to combine flying high over the valleys with getting close to the rock formations
- Enjoy a private Anatolian breakfast in a valley with a glass of Champagne
- Sleep in a cave hotel which has been carved out of the rock overlooking the valleys
- Sip a sunset cocktail overlooking the red valley
- Make your own Pottery with the famous Galip Korukcu
- Quad bike, horse ride or 4×4 through the scenic landscapes
- Enjoy a spa treatment in an underground cave spa at CCR Hotel
- Visit of the underground cities
- Enjoy a private dinner in a secret valley
Ready to get started?
Have a flick through our current
destinations for some travel inspiration!