2hrs from LON
Gstaad in the Saanenland, Switzerland, has become an iconic destination whose reputation is closely linked to that of its famous visitors due to its combination of cosmopolitan style and understated earthiness. Here you will find one of the world’s most exclusive ski resorts and snow paradise during winter. Meanwhile, when summer hits, Gstaad is a breath-taking mountain world ready to be explored.
“Last paradise in a crazy world,” is how Hollywood star Julie Andrews described her holiday home in Gstaad, because, in spite of its international style, Gstaad has remained truly Alpine. The atmosphere is quiet and discreet although there is always an attractive mixture of stylish bars for those night owls, a true mixture of live music, trendy clubs with DJ music and chilling lounges in the resort. All attractions found in Gstaad have one thing in common: their international and laid-back atmosphere.
- Enjoy the stunning aqua marine views of lake Geneva with lunch in Montreux en route to Gstaad
- Take in the breath-taking views at your fingertips while travelling the Golden Pass Panoramic mountain train
- Enjoy world class gourmet food at the Chesery restaurant
- Take a trip by helicopter to Glacier 3000 – the only way to travel!
- Take a ride on a husky dog sledge
- Hurtle down a mountain by air board!
- Take a trip on the Alpine coaster toboggan which sits at the top of the glacier
- Eat LOTS of cheese on a day trip to Gruyeres
- Be at one with nature with a hot air ballooning trip across the Swiss Alps
- Take a candle lit cable car to the discreet but luxurious Wasserngrat restaurant for a night to remember
- Feed your retail therapy with a range on elegant boutique shops
- Enjoy a traditional Raclette meal at a lodge
Ready to get started?
Have a flick through our current
destinations for some travel inspiration!