3.5hrs from LON
The very name Marrakech conjures up images of magic carpets, spices, perfumes and all things exotic! Enchantingly sited at the foot of the High Atlas Mountains and set within the rose-coloured walls of the medina lies a reality not that far removed from the fantasy; a labyrinth of winding streets that open onto lush green gardens and dark alleyways leading to bustling souks. Visitors can take advantage of a favourable climate, excellent gastronomy, exceptional architectural heritage and the extraordinarily rich countryside at the threshold of the city. The city’s star attraction is the central square of Jemaa-el-Fna, an extraordinary gathering place where snake charmers, fortune tellers, mystics, musicians and fire-eaters put on a nightly show. A destination jam-packed with extremes – there really is something for everyone on a trip to Morocco.
- Privatise a Moroccan Riad for a traditional cookery lesson with Souk ingredient scavenger hunt
- Camel ride in the palm grove
- Experience a traditional Hamman treatment
- Enjoy a folklore show at Chez Ali
- Soak up the cosmopolitan café culture in Djemaa El Fna
- Enjoy a deliciously fragranced Tagine dish at authentic Morrocan Le Tobsil
- Escape the city to take on the rugged terrine of the Atlas Mountains with a Jeep Safari
- Adventure thrill seekers should enjoy a session of zip lining in Terres d’Amanar
- Enjoy a luxuriously sumptuous lunch at Richard Branson’s exclusive Kasbah Tamadot
Ready to get started?
Have a flick through our current
destinations for some travel inspiration!