2hrs from LON
Once a gateway to the Orient, Venice is one of the few cities in the world that can truly be described as unique as it stands on islands in a lagoon at the northern end of the Adriatic Sea. With its impressive 150 canals, 400 bridges and magnificent 16th and 17th-century palaces and piazzas, it is no surprise that Venice is considered one of the most beautiful cities in the world. The city’s main monuments – the Doge’s Palace, St Mark’s Square and the Bridge of Sighs – have gained fame through the numerous paintings representing them, but the whole city is, in many ways, a masterful work of art. As expected, the food and wine experiences are exceptional and range in style from the traditional to the ultra-cosmopolitan. Venice provides a range of unique and memorable venues from palaces to noblemen Houses for unforgettable daytime and evening events. An incentive trip to Venice begins at the airport as you make your way through the aqua blue lagoon to the city by private water taxi.
- Be serenaded in a Gondola tour of the city
- Soak up the sights and smells of the heart of Venice at traditional canal-side restaurant Da Raffaele
- Make your own masquerade mask with expert tuition
- Enjoy a classical palace feast at the Palazzetto Pisani-Ferri and be sure to arrive by Gondola!
- Sip a Bellini at Harrys Bar, the very place they were invented
- Take a private galleon boat to the water for a night on the lagoon
- Check out the Doge’s Palace and walk the famous Bridge of Sighs
- Watch the world go by with an espresso on St Marks Square
Ready to get started?
Have a flick through our current
destinations for some travel inspiration!